This step is like walking the tight rope; it needs to be balanced. So, here’s a list of tips to make that first impression, the best impression.
- Take cues from the profile – This is where you start. The few details included in the matrimonial profile will give you a better understanding of the type of person you might be interacting with – their attitudes, their interests, and their dislikes.
- Something shared – Talking about common interests and hobbies act as great ice breakers. Discussing a hobby will make sure you have something to talk about without getting too personal. If the person appears a little closed off, initiate small talk.
- Keep it simple – Greet the person with a “Hi” or “Hello”. Introduce yourself, a little more than what you’ve included in your matrimonial profile. You can compliment them on an interesting and well-crafted profile. Be polite in tone and don’t exaggerate too much. It should sound genuine.
- Try not to intimidate – What many fail to realize is that their tone sounds intimidating. You don’t want the other person to feel like you are imposing on them. So, make sure you check that.
- Don’t hit on the person – Many-a-times, we think that calling a person “cool, hot or sexy” sounds modern and trendy. On the contrary, it creates a bad impression. Measure your words when you speak.
- No personal questions – No person is comfortable sharing personal details with a stranger, that too with a person who for the present exists only virtually. Respect the person’s privacy and reserve those questions for later conversations, if you get on daily talking terms.
- Don’t rush – Approaching a match is not about proposing marriage directly. You can suggest that if interested too, you can get to know each other better. And, if things work out, then might be the right time to say “I want to marry you”.
- Be yourself – In the bid to impress, it’s quite natural to be slightly pretentious. You will want someone to be honest with you so, do the same. Show them the real you.
- Invite for a date – After a few conversations, and if you are comfortable with the opposite person, you can take it to the next level by asking the person out. However, make sure that both of you are keen on the same.
- Be positive – Don’t be disheartened if the person you are trying to contact does not respond positively. There will be a lot more people you can interact with.
So, use tips to approach your match and you will be on the right track. Take it slowly, one day at a time.
Before you pick your life partner from any matrimonial sites, always try to know the genuineness of the site. Firstly find out the details about the Matrimonial site. Dial the customer care number ask them about the site and their nature of service, check their testimonial page and contact their clients verify and cross-check them. If the Matrimonial site is good then while selecting a bride it’s always advisable to see the educational qualification other than the physical charm and grace. Also try to get other details about the profile check whether it has any other web presence or not. Never blindly trust any profile or start chatting with them just for fun as you might end up getting something totally unpleasant and unexpected at the end. In short do not be stupid choose wisely.